ABOUT ACCESS MARYLAND
What is the Access Maryland Program?
The Access Maryland Program brings state-owned facilities into compliance with State and Federal mandates requiring access for persons with disabilities. Projects are diverse, spanning from rest room modifications to construction of elevator towers to replacement of door hardware. Access Maryland has made a significant impact in improving independent access for people with disabilities in state-owned facilities.
How does the program work?
The Maryland Department of Disabilities:
- receives requests from State agencies;
- prioritizes the requests;
- recommends projects for funding; and
- then provides oversight through the design and construction phases.
Need more information?
Click here to view the fact sheet on the Access Maryland Program (HTML).
Contact Cari Watrous, Program Administrator, at the Maryland Department of Disabilities at:
• Phone: 410-767-3616
• TTY/Toll Free: 1-800-637-4113
• email: Cari Watrous